Garden Week in Georgia and National Garden Week
GCG clubs are encouraged to observe Garden Week in Georgia. Plant a tree, a garden, provide floral designs for the courthouse or conduct a public program.
Garden Week is usually held the third week in April. The Georgia Department of Economic Development is partnering with GCG to encourage tourism by promoting garden tours and gardening events during this week. Advertise Garden Week in Georgia at your local nurseries, grocery stores, library and churches.
- Organize public or private gardens open for tours during garden week. Advertise Garden Week on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Involve school children in the week's events—plant flowers at the school.
- Take flowers and a poster to the local library, town council, etc.
- Hold a home and garden tour.
- Be a docent at a garden tour, hold a plant sale, have an antique show, a book signing, host a lecture, hold an art workshop in the garden, promote your town's local flower during Garden Week, produce a segment on local television, or one for the local paper.
- Be sure to take photos of all your activities!
- Proclamation - PDF
- Proclamation - JPEG
- Proclamation, no page border
- Printable Flyer
- Printable Flyer with space to insert your club's name
National Garden Week
GCG also actively supports NGC's sponsorship of National Garden Week which is held the first full week in June of each year. Check out NGC's program, proclamations and publicity here.